Saturday 22 December 2007

A Day WASTED at Chadstone

I was talked into visiting Chadstone on Wednesday and it was a COMPLETE WASTE of TIME! Anyone who reads my blog regularly might already be aware that I prefer to shop at Highpoint. Yes, believe it or not, I don’t mind mingling with people from the western suburbs. They don’t bother me and the service there is mostly good. We usually visit Chadstone only once a year and we always come away feeling negative. So, why do we keep going back every year? Well, Chadstone is known as the Fashion Capital. I don’t know why but I always feel like things must have improved due to the fact that the whole world is forever flocking there. There is now even a free bus service ferrying tourists from the CBD to Chadstone. We usually go in the middle of the year and I have been putting it off since Winter, but because we really wanted to check out the Chadstone branch of Build-A-Bear Workshop, mistakenly thinking that it would be a larger store than the Highpoint one, I gave in. That store is considerably smaller than its Highpoint counterpart and the lady that served us was rather frosty when I asked for help. I didn’t see anything unique to this shopping centre either. Most of the products I saw are available in shops in the city and elsewhere. In keeping my promise of maintaining a blog with more positive reads, I am not going to bother complaining about the other stores. Before leaving the place, I was virtually on the brink of chucking a tantrum like a bad tempered toddler. I managed to keep cool. The Good Samaritan felt so sorry for dragging me along to this trip and he himself was also fuming because he couldn’t find what he wanted, that he promised to go to Highpoint with me come this weekend. Yippee! Highpoint here we come!

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=4b0e839191f0716e560aee169f8ff90b