Saturday 15 December 2007

Let’s Go Walking Far, Far Away

Here is a song I sing to my charges who are learning to walk or those who have just mastered it. I believe that this is a song that originated from Australia’s favourite children’s television show – Play School. Well, that is where I first heard of it myself.

Let’s go walking, walking, walking,
Let’s go walking far, far away.
Let’s walk back again, back again, back again,
Let’s walk back again, back the same way.

The words are very simple and repetitive. I used to sing this song to Bree when she was just beginning to walk. Today, she is beginning to join in the song whenever I sing it. She can’t mouth all the words properly yet but she tries her best. Other older children that I used to look after from the time they were still babies, sing this song and act it out with props like Duplo figures, dolls and even their toddling siblings.

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=4b0e839191f0716e560aee169f8ff90b