Wednesday 16 January 2008

Back Looking After Bree

I went back to work on Monday and it was with Bree only. She was still in her pyjamas, having breakfast on her own when I got there. They were all running late and everyone welcomed me back warmly. Bree was reminded by her mum that there was something she had to tell me. She came over, tugging at her pyjama top and said, “Ta, @#*-@#*.” I responded by giving her a big squeeze and said, “You are welcome, little one.” She repeated the words ‘little one’ and squealed. I haven’t seen her for roughly a month and that’s a long time in a little toddler’s world. I was very happy that she was happy to see me and was wearing the pyjamas that I had made her.

Bree’s mother was busy getting herself ready to see a business client and didn’t have the time to properly give me the latest on Bree. Her father was also in a hurry to leave but he must have been feeling chatty because he stayed a bit to tell me about Bree’s stay in Sydney at Ettie’s home. Apparently she was spoilt rotten and almost needed a new suitcase to pack her loot when it was time to come back to Melbourne. Luckily there was room in her father’s suitcase. Bree’s mum did eventually have a proper chat with me over the phone when the tot was having her nap. She spoke about Ettie’s attempt to turn Bree into a shopaholic. Apparently Bree received at least one gift per day. Ettie just couldn’t resist introducing the tot to everyone and taking her everywhere to meet people.

Bree was clingy in the last two days. She just wanted to be physically close to me. When I sat somewhere that was a metre or two away from her, she would pick up her toys and move next to me. She was especially cuddly as well. I felt like she cherished the time spent with me since we had not seen each other for such a long time. I had a similar break at the end of 2006 and Bree had just turned 1 then. Although she was happy to see me when I came back to work after that break she wasn’t as affectionate. I like the attention I am given. I am not complaining. It is a good start to the year.

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=4b0e839191f0716e560aee169f8ff90b