Saturday 26 January 2008

My Yummy Start to Australia Day


To everyone who celebrates Australia Day, Happy Australia Day! The picture above is my breakfast: Vegemite on Toast with a slice of Aussie shaped Bega Tasty Cheese. Hey, look at the picture closely. I even included Tasmania! My Aussie cookie cutter does not include Tasmania but I made a point to include it even though the shape might not be accurate. Cameron and I went for a 4 and a half hour walk yesterday and now we are ready to start the long weekend celebrations with less guilt. There are so many celebrations and events (involving lots of foods) around this time of the year. I sometimes wish that they are all happening in Winter. I don't enjoy food as much in Summer. It will hit 32°C today and I am already feeling the heat when I was taking the photo. The slice of cheese was already beginning to 'sweat'. LOL. I don't know about you but I find 'sweaty' cheese a bit unpalatable. I just love well presented foods - which is probably why I am so drawn to Japanese foods (not whale meat or anything involving endangered animals). I just looked out of my balcony and saw a funny sight. A dad is trying to do synchronize swimming to amuse his baby. LOL. The baby being held by his/her mum didn't laugh. So, he is now trying to be a seal instead. LOL.


PS. If you are anywhere near Melbourne CBD on this long weekend, do make sure that you visit the area under the Arts Center Spire (where the 'waves' are). The area has been transformed into an African Village. One of the things suggested by The National Australia Day Council for all Aussies to do is to visit a community of different ethnic populations and share the cultural influences they bring to Australia.

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=4b0e839191f0716e560aee169f8ff90b